Not only is this our first long trip during retirement but it is also my first attempt at doing a blog, This trip all started when a package arrived in the mail from Alaska that Dave had sent away from. I looked at it and said when are we going. Not expecting a concrete answer I was a little surprised when he said how about this summer. So we began really talking seriously.
We have been talking, and talking about this trip for several months. We finally decided that we would go in June and then began the preparation of deciding how long we would be gone, how we would go, where to start and finish. We sent away for information from the various tourism boards in British Columbia and Alaska. A lot of "stuff" came in the mail and I guess it is a real shame that we do not fish especially in Alaska.
We talked to our travel agent and she encourage us to go into Alberta Canada to the IceFields Parkway. I spent some time looking at the beautiful pictures of this Parkway and decided I wanted to do this while we were there. This changed the amount of time we would be gone and how we would go. More later -- still trying to figure this out.
So excited about your Blog and trip- this is my kind of trip! Looking forward to the pictures and information you will be sharing.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to following trip.
ReplyDeleteDenny